Pre-Sales AV Engineer/Estimator
Field Service Technician
Regional Sales Director, Washington, DC
Regional Sales Director, Chicago, IL
Unified Communications Collaboration Engineer
Order Management Representative
Careers at IVCi
Field Service Technician
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Provide onsite technical assistance for reported trouble tickets.
Provide in-depth onsite support to Level 1 and Level 2 tech support as well as monitor events; and perform preventative maintenance.
Main job functions
- Responsible for onsite troubleshooting and repair of issues that cannot be resolved by the Hauppauge helpdesk.
- Responsible for the onsite diagnosis of video conferencing implementations.
- Required to coordinate complex problems to resolution by utilizing various resources such as vendors; manufacturers; internal technicians and documentation.
- In House remote diagnostic support / trouble ticket resolution
- Customer Service
- Provide pleasant and courteous service during all customer calls.
- Perform Preventative maintenance on Audio Visual rooms
- Responsible for prepping onsites by researching drawings; case notes and financial requirements for the job (Time and Material requirements; etc.)
- Responsible for post mortem reporting - follow up activities; root cause analysis and financial information (hours spent; travel time; etc.)
- Responsible for preparing and distributing site reports for work done and reporting back to the ticket owner status and future activities.
Summary of secondary job functions
- Process customer repair requests by coordinating with vendors and manufacturers. (Technical support and RMA's)
- Responsible for the timely closure of all problems assigned to you by the helpdesk.
- You will be required to maintain documentation that assists the technical support group. This will include maintenance of troubleshooting scripts as well as general documentation.
- Maintain an accurate customer asset database
- Teamwork and cooperation are required
- Must be willing to openly accept new tasks
- Some occasional off hours work may be required as needed.
- Some travel outside of the Metropolitan Area will be required (~15-20%)
- Other duties as required from time to time by the management of IVCi to include (but not be limited to) occasionally back-filling roles due to over booking, vacation or back log on projects with occasional work off hours. This is purely as escalation policy would dictate.
- Required to assist with time and materials on-site visits for non-trouble related activities. This can include call monitoring.
- Customer/ IVCi Training and Support
- Provide 2nd Level phone troubleshooting with vendors at remote locations as well as escalated calls within the helpdesk.
Strong and proven background providing excellent customer service; Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products; Strong multitasking skills; Quick learner. Competitive personality, Flexibility and adaptability; Ability to self prioritize tasks. Excellent organizational skills and initiative are preferred as often work is done independently. Composure under pressure is necessary; Tandberg Certified (TCAP/TCEP) Strong understanding of Video Conferencing; Strong understanding of Audio-Video essentials; CTS Certification; Solid background in Technical Support; Must be a teamwork oriented individual.
Must be able to multitask and work at a hectic pace. Must be flexible and professional at all times; Good interpersonal skills as communication will be required; CTS Certification; Strong understanding of Audio-Video essentials; Understanding of control systems such as AMX and Crestron; Some programming experience with control systems.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to great benefits such as:
- Matching 401(k)
- Corporate culture of promotion from within
- Ongoing training and career development
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Vision plan
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
This position includes a competitive salary, a performance bonus, health and dental benefits, 401k and other valuable company benefits.
Click here to apply.
No phone calls, please.