Careers at IVCi
Manager of Support Services
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Responsible for the daily operation of the Hauppauge call center and the dispatching of field technicians. Supervises the resources and daily call flow to ensure accurate, timely and consistent service to our customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure inbound calls are handled in a timely manner with minimal abandoned calls
- Provide escalation support
- Manage the scheduling and dispatch of certified field technicians
- Manage email requests; walk-in requests; and equipment replacement
- Restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to ensure the best possible levels of service
- Meet and exceed all customer Service Level Agreements
- Insure that service tickets and calls are logged for all contacts with the helpdesk
- Monitor daily workload and ensure adequate available staff are manning the phones and email
- Work with Client Managers to inform them of important issues and facilitate work resulting from high level customer contact.
- Daily Management – Make sure a system is in place to ensure that vendors meet contractual obligations on time and with consistency
Training & Knowledge Management
- Documentation – Develop and maintain documentation pertinent to the daily operation in a centralized and easy-to-use way
- Ensure staff is adequately trained to support a wide variety of products
- Asset Tracking -- Ensure accurate data entry for all asset updates initiated by service. This includes “return merchandise authorizations” (RMA’s) “Dead on Arrivals” (DOA’s)
- Staff Reviews – Participate in staff reviews
- Scheduling & On Call – Develop staff schedules and on call process to provide appropriate technical support 24x7.
- Maintain Morale – Provide a positive work environment for employees to share their creativity
Summary of Secondary Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and cordial relationship with key customer contacts
- Demonstrates working knowledge of customers equipment; process and culture
- Ad-hoc reporting and development
- Teamwork and cooperation are required
- Must be willing to openly accept new tasks
- Some occasional off hours work may be required as needed.
- Occasional travel outside the NY Metro area is possible.
- Special projects as assigned by management team
- HDI (Help Desk Institute) Certified; Support Center Manager / Support Center Director.
- Strong understanding of Video Conferencing.
- Strong understanding of Audio-Video essentials.
- Solid background in Technical Support Management and the principles of ITIL.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent Communication skills are a must.
- Strong and proven background providing excellent customer service.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to self-prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative are preferred as often work is done independently.
- Composure under pressure is necessary.
- Excellent Writing Skills are a must.
- Must be a teamwork oriented individual.
This position includes a competitive salary, a performance bonus, health and dental benefits, 401k and other valuable company benefits.
No phone calls, please.