Field Solutions Engineer
Provide advanced technical and engineering support for all customers and internal associates. This position is part of the Advanced Technical Services Group. This group is primarily focused on solutions architecture and design, advanced infrastructure implementation and pre-sales and post-sales engineering support. This group is considered the subject matter experts for Cisco and Polycom infrastructure and Telepresence solutions.
- Advanced Engineering – post-sales, implementation and planning/design
- Create, test and deliver field ready UC and Video Infrastructure solutions
- Develop, document and track implementations projects
- Track and respond to implementation requests for Telepresence, infrastructure and design solutions
- Provide engineering support for sales, Helpdesk, MCS and VC PM's
- Build and expand on IVCi lab functionality
- Provide internal data/video/voice network support
- Attend Certified Training with Manufacturers (Polycom, Cisco, etc)
- Conduct training of New Products Alpha /Beta Testing
- Provide advanced engineering support for IVCi managed services
- 25-50% travel is required
- 3-5 years of hands-on Field Engineering experience.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of networking and Polycom and Cisco Unified Communications solutions - i.e. Real-Presence, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco unity, Presence and UCCX – Microsoft Server 2003–2008, MS SQL and Exchange as well as OCS 2007 or Lync; Strong and proven track record of supporting customers in a technical environment.
- The candidate must possess an advanced Cisco Voice certification (CCNP or CCIE) or Microsoft equivalent.
- Possess proficient skills with all Microsoft Office products, Strong multitasking skills; Quick learner.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability; Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative are preferred as often work is done independently.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must have completed advanced video certifications.
- Must have a strong understanding of Video Conference infrastructure and Tele-presence solutions from Polycom and Cisco.
- Strong knowledge of networking products such as switches, routers and security appliances is preferred. Understand technical concepts such as Quality of Service implementation to support video, voice and data on a converged network.