We are currently seeking an AV Field Technician to join our team and be based out of Omaha, NE. This person will be working directly on an IVCI client premise and be intimately involved with a large base of audio visual equipment installed across the client’s campus both locally as well as remote. Additionally, this position requires the onsite AV Field Technician to act as the client representative between the client and the IVCI Helpdesk team. This person will become well versed in IVCI process as well as the client’s process and procedures.
Main Job Functions:
- Provide local support to client and IVCI for resolution of any technical issues related to the installed audio visual equipment
- Provide AV support for meetings as required including but not limited to video / audio conferencing, local presentations, etc.
- Follow, maintain, update ticket process and status within the IVCI systems as required
- Deliver, install, configure video end points and other AV hardware as needed
- Troubleshoot audio visual technical issues for any issues that come up during the course of day to day operations
- Create, track, and implement equipment RMAs, replacements, and upgrades
- Develop and maintain knowledge of customer’s AV system standards and requirements
- Implement, track and perform scheduled preventive maintenance as required
- Manage and track all inventories in or out of production, including up-to-date maintenance and coordinating serial numbers
- Provide training and basic end user orientation as needed Attend weekly conferences with customer and related partners
- Interaction with clients, general contractors, electrical contractors, etc Perform special projects as directed by management
- Ability to perform occasional off-hours work
- Research, compile data and recommend new or advanced videoconferencing or audiovisual products
- 3-plus years as an AV Technician or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing and structural engineering
- Must have mastered all aspects of audio-visual field installation and should be able to fully commission an AV Systems
- Must have excellent communication skills and possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability and do advanced troubleshooting on any device
- Expert knowledge of audio principles and must have the ability to write and troubleshoot audio programs for BiAmp, ClearOne, Soundstructure, and Vortex
- Expert knowledge of loading and troubleshooting Crestron systems (not programming)
- Be a team leader and possess excellent leadership qualities and should be able to lead a field team from rough in to job completion. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Infocomm CTS and / or CTS-I certification
- DMC-T / DMC-E Certification
- Any formal training from Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom, Tandberg / Cisco Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom Telepresence installation experience / certification
- SynAudCon Training
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Additionally, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us. We value innovative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.