If your business has invested in a video conferencing system, chances are you have considered a managed or cloud service to ensure a successful user experience. Studies have shown that companies that use a managed service to manage, schedule, and monitor their video conferencing systems enjoy an improved user experience and return on investment.
A recent study by Wainhouse research called Video Conferencing Managed Services outlined the benefits of a managed service:
Enterprises considering (or already using) a videoconferencing managed service provider to manage and enhance their rich media communications environment should focus on five deliverable and measureable benefits:
- Increased asset utilization: Conferencing investments provide a return only when they are used. Hence, we believe a major goal of any vMSP program should be to drive additional utilization.
- Faster and more complete deployments: An MSP experienced in installing, debugging, and delivering conferencing services can, and should, shorten the “time-to-benefits” for its customers.
- Improved budgeting and cost control: A comprehensive vMSP program should provide the end user with a clear understanding of what his costs will be, and how they may or may not change over the life of the contract.
- 24 x 7 support and protection from staff turn-over: Providing qualified and experienced internal staff to support the “follow the sun” operations of an internal conferencing service can be very challenging. For vMSPs, however, this is a core part of their business offering and value-add. As such, they are structured and optimized to provide this service in a cost-effective way.
- Improved conferencing management: Conferencing should be managed like any other service or department within the enterprise. Key requirements include clear service level agreements, detailed usage and performance reports, and a single point of accountability. vMSPs offer a wide range of assistance in this area ranging from turnkey management to specific support elements designed to augment and support customers’ internal management team.
Contact IVCi at email@example.com for information aboout our newly expanded managed services offering.