Moving products to market quickly is the key to success for many pharmaceutical companies. Shortening the product development cycle ensures that companies benefit from the limited patent life that is typical for new drugs, and are compensated for the costs that are incurred during the developmental phase. Unified Communications (UC) solutions, including visual collaboration technology, enable communication with remote parties, creating the effect that all participants are sitting face-to-face, at the same table or in the same room.
UC solutions allow pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs sooner by:
- Enabling face-to-face communication with remote parties during the crucial drug trial process.
- Enhancing the quality and speed of decision-making, resulting in a reduction in travel related time and expenses.
- Facilitating training, project reviews, and remote trial observation.
- Allowing experts to collaborate more frequently with global subsidiaries.
- Facilitating the ability of researchers and others participants to hold meetings with physicians, patients and government agencies.
- Allowing all parties involved in the trial process to collaborate efficiently, and receive instant feedback.
The real time collaboration made possible by UC solutions allows pharmaceutical companies to more effectively partner with remote parties on research, promotion, and dissemination of new products. By enabling pharmaceuticals to bring products to market more quickly and efficiently, these companies realize revenue and profits earlier in the product development phase.