Polycom Security and Remote Access
Polycom Video Border Proxy 6400-ST
Polycom Video Border Proxy 6400-E
Polycom Video Border Proxy 4555
Polycom Video Border Proxy (VBP) 6400-ST
The Polycom VBP 6400-ST allows organizations to improve communication, speed decisionmaking, and accelerate execution by extending telepresence and video to users beyond their network. With the Polycom VBP Series, customers, partners, and remote colleagues are now easily and securely incorporated into an extended telepresence and video federation.
Polycom VBP 6400-ST Overview
The Polycom VBP ST Series supports all standards-based telepresence solutions, video conferencing endpoints and multipoint conference bridges. Using standards-based firewall traversal, secure access is provided to users of Polycom Converged Management Application™ Desktop and Polycom HDX Series telepresence solutions without requiring a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
The Polycom VBP Series improve interaction quality by performing network address translation (NAT) at the IP address boundary, and forwarding video traffic in the shortest path. Performing video traffic management through prioritization, traffic shaping, call admission control, and DiffServ marking/policing, the Polycom VBP Series enables high quality and secure interactions to occur throughout the organization.
To enhance security against external attacks, Polycom VBP solutions fully protect H.323 gatekeepers, video endpoints, and multipoint conference platforms. With an H.323-aware packet inspection firewall that opens and closes TCP and UDP ports as required, the Polycom VBP Series provides H.323 proxies that enable one public IP to serve all the video communications needs. With availability for bandwidths up to 200 Mbps, the Polycom VBP 6400-ST is also configurable for centralized or decentralized dial plans, depending on IT requirements.
This scenario shows how remote employees outside the corporate firewall with personal Polycom HDX systems or Polycom CMA Desktop clients can securely access the corporate network from their home offices through a personal third-party firewall to the public Internet. This is just one of several scenarios possible with the VBP ST Series.
Polycom VBP 6400-ST Key Features
- Ideal for organizations with multiple locations, including home workers with the CMA™ Desktop
- A cost effective approach that allows all members of the organization to call anyone
- Polycom HDX®, CMA™ Desktop, and VSX™ video conferencing endpoints and VBP NAT/Firewall traversal devices are compliant with the ITU-T H.460 standard
- Gain additional dialing scenarios with H.460 and VBP NAT/firewall traversal device
- Provides greater scalability than other server-based software solutions
- Ideal solution for enterprise and service providers, because it protects critical IP communication components
- Protects H.323 gatekeepers and multipoint conference units from network-based attacks
- Eliminates security risks posed by other traversal methods
- Employs a stateful packet inspection firewall in combination with an application layer gateway
- Routes video and voice traffic via the shortest path possible
- Supports up to 200 Mbps of traffic in any combination of voice, video, or data
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom's integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. In 2005 IVCi became a Polycom Certified Service Partner (CSP), the highest level of certification a channel partner can receive from Polycom, which requires consistent compliance with a comprehensive set of methodologies designed to guarantee complete customer satisfaction. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom VBP Family Brochure
For video conferencing solution pricing or additional information regarding Polycom Video Border Proxy 6400-ST, please call us at 1-800-224-7083, or click here to have an IVCi Representative contact you.