The Enterprise: Not Ready for WebRTC ow.ly/G4S6n
Cisco TelePresence System 1000
IVCi is a Cisco Certified ATP Partner for TelePresence and has obtained the Cisco Advanced Collaboration Architecture Specialization as well as Cisco TelePresence as a Service (TPaaS) for our cloud based video conferencing services. We have the experience and expertise to provide standard and custom Cisco TelePresence solutions nationwide. Our 24/7 global managed service with concierge-level support is available for all TelePresence customers. When you partner with IVCi, you can be assured a superior TelePresence experience every time.
Cisco TelePresence Technology
The Cisco TelePresence System 1000 is ideal for small group, or one-on-one meetings around a “virtual table.” Two Cisco TelePresence System 1000 systems in a single meeting create a virtual table for up to 4 participants. A multipoint meeting can support up to 48 locations on a single call.
The Cisco TelePresence System 1000 is suitable for uses such as direct customer engagements, small presentations, regular one-on-one meetings with remote employees or partners, supply-chain dealings, press briefings, operational or engineering reviews, or negotiations and interviews.
Cisco TelePresence System 1000 Benefits
- A single 65-inch, 1080p high-definition plasma screen supports full, life-size images for two meeting participants.
- The Cisco TelePresence System 1000 is designed to be flush-mounted on wall space in smaller areas, such as executive offices, bank branches, and doctor’s offices; anywhere a one-on-one conversation is desired.
- The system supports life-size images with ultra-high-definition video and spatial audio.
- The system integrates cameras, a lighting array, microphones, and speakers, all tuned to optimize the experience.
- The life-size images and remarkable video clarity of the Cisco TelePresence System 1000 allow you to see every expression, while the CD-quality audio allows you to hear every word.
- Integrated, optimized environmental features make it easy to schedule and launch calls.
- Integration with the highly available Cisco network offers reliability, quality of service (QoS), and security.