(Formerly known as TANDBERG Tactical MXP)
With Cisco TelePresence VX Tactical, high-definition video collaboration is truly possible from anywhere. This rugged and lightweight mobile telepresence product features Cisco’s superior codec technology in a portable, briefcase-style form factor. Specifically designed for remote field locations, the VX Tactical is ideal for use by military, emergency response, and other field-based industries.
The Cisco TelePresence® VX Tactical brings the power of telepresence to field environments. Portable and ruggedized, the VX Tactical offers the benefits of mobility through a portable briefcase style form factor and is ideal for use cases such as military, emergency response, and other industries such as oil and gas and construction where field work is required.
Designed to be used in harsh environments, the high impact plastic shell minimizes impact while an aluminum interior frame provides structural strength. The 17.5-inch screen is fully readable in sunlight, and the high-definition (HD) 1080p, 16 x 9 aspect ratio camera provides a quality image of the field user and environment. The unit is based on a Cisco TelePresence System SX20 Quick Set codec (SX20) and supports H.323, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) dual stream up to 6 Mbps. You can also set up the VX Tactical in a mobile telepresence conference room scenario with an external microphone, camera, and monitor. (Figure 2). The SX20 codec supports embedded capability for multipoint support with Cisco TelePresence MultiSite technology, enabling you to add three additional participants to a telepresence call.
This high-definition video collaboration system is part of the Cisco TelePresence portfolio, which offers a total solution approach including content sharing, recording, firewall traversal, and management capabilities. Cisco TelePresence VX Tactical is designed to truly extend the power of in-person to everyone, everywhere.
Features and Capabilities
- Water, sand, impact, chemical, and corrosion resistant to provide portability, durability, and functionality
- 17.5-inch screen optimized for use in full sunlight
- Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set codec for HD video, full duplex audio, and embedded MultiSite capability.
- Easy provisioning and self-configuration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server (VCS), or Cisco Callway
- Ability to connect secondary microphone, camera, and display to create a conference room environment in the field
Specifications at a Glance
- Unit size of 19.2-inch x 7.3-inch x 15.2-inch
- Embedded 16 x 9 aspect ratio1080p camera
- Embedded 720p E-LED Monitor
- H.323 and SIP dual stream up to 6 Mbps
- AC and DC power options
IVCi is a leading technology provider specializing in the delivery of robust Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration Solutions. Our solutions help clients solve business challenges while achieving their objectives. IVCi designs and implements solutions based on Cisco Technologies, including Managed Services, Collaboration and Cloud Services. We are a Cisco Premier Partner with certifications in Advanced Collaboration Architecture, Spark and Unified Communications, including Master Specialization in Video. IVCi is certified by Cisco as a Cloud and Managed Services Provider with TelePresence as a Service. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, IVCi serves clients nationwide in a variety of markets in both the public and private sectors.