Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend and soak up some sun. pic.twitter.com/S3p8zeLXvL
GlobalMed i8500™ Mobile Telemedicine Station
GlobalMed is a privately held telemedicine company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and is the leader of telemedicine companies in telehealth hardware and software R&D, design, engineering, manufacture and support. Their team of telemedicine software developers and engineers work closely with scientific and medical professionals—from concept to application—to understand and translate unmet needs into next-generation integrated telemedicine tools that are unsurpassed in quality, affordability and flexibility. GlobalMed’s award-winning patented new medical technologies and unique intellectual properties culminate in solutions that exceed even the most challenging requirements for clarity, accuracy, accessibility, convenience and cost-effectiveness, and that create an ecosystem of connected health.
Telemedicine Carts | Mobile Medical Stations
GlobalMed works with customers to create the mobile medical carts that fit their unique needs and specialties. GlobalMed features open architecture products that work with all major videoconferencing systems. Our mobile medical telemedicine stations are ergonomically designed for ease of use.
One Size Does Not Fit All
GlobalMed customizes mobile telemedicine stations based on individual facility use or enterprise-wide solutions. All stations are shipped fully assembled with choice of configuration of HD monitors, echo-free microphones and speakers, remote camera control, medical-grade power systems and selected medical devices so they are ready to use at their destination. A built-in ramp enables just one person to unload the station from the shipping crate at its destination.
Workflow and Efficiency
In designing its own stations, GlobalMed paid attention to how they would be used in medical facilities. As mobile telemedicine stations are used by a wide variety of individuals, the i8500 stations are built to be used and moved safely by anyone, no matter their size.
GlobalMed’s custom designed stations have brackets above the wheelbase to contain videoconferencing equipment, medical devices and station backup battery, while maintaining control over cables and cords.
i8500™ Mobile Telemedicine Station Features
- Keeping electronic cords and cables off the floor and out of the way is important for personal safety and potential damage to equipment. GlobalMed integrates peripherals with retractable cable reels and labeled cable management.
- Just like an IV pole designed for stability when rolling over thresholds, GlobalMed’s five-wheeled star base and oversized wheels make the carts more maneuverable and safer than four-wheeled mobile medical carts.
- Moving a medical cart around a facility can be another safety concern if you can’t see what’s ahead of you. GlobalMed addressed this concern by placing two push handles on the side of the mobile station rather than on the back. This prevents monitors from being visual obstructions.
- Because not everyone is the same height, the equipment has to be adaptable for ease of use. GlobalMed recognized this aspect and makes its mobile medical stations so that their height is hydraulically adjustable.
- Telemedicine stations come in contact with patients and clinicians on a daily basis, presenting an infection control hazard simply by a touch, a cough or a sneeze. With that in mind, GlobalMed’s complete work surface is anti-microbial throughout to reduce the possibility of spreading disease.