GlobalMed TotalExam HD Examination Camera
GlobalMed is a privately held telemedicine company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and is the leader of telemedicine companies in telehealth hardware and software R&D, design, engineering, manufacture and support. Their team of telemedicine software developers and engineers work closely with scientific and medical professionals—from concept to application—to understand and translate unmet needs into next-generation integrated telemedicine tools that are unsurpassed in quality, affordability and flexibility. GlobalMed’s award-winning patented new medical technologies and unique intellectual properties culminate in solutions that exceed even the most challenging requirements for clarity, accuracy, accessibility, convenience and cost-effectiveness, and that create an ecosystem of connected health.
Designed specifically for Telemedicine
Seeing and capturing high-quality images has never been easier! The TotalExam™ HD Camera answers the need for high-quality digital imagery for a wide variety of medical and scientific applications.
Live video and still imagery are essential components to effective telemedicine. With that in mind, GlobalMed developed the TotalExam HD Exam Camera, which was built from the ground up to meet the needs of clinicians in telemedicine. It offers ground-breaking video technologies until now only available to professional studios and HD television stations.
- It provides superior color and clarity to more accurately assess a patient.
- The physician on the receiving end of a consult can see clearer images for more nuanced recommendations.
- Color and clarity is further enhanced with the camera’s on board 8-LED light carousel.
- TotalExam HD’s unique Variable Polarizing Derm Hood can reduce the glare from reflected light when desired.
Dimensions: WxDxH = 1” x 8” x 1”
- Weight: 0.25 lbs
- Focus: Auto 35mm – 00
- Polarization: Variable Polarizing Hood (Patent Pending)
- Pixels: 10.1 Mega Pixel from a ½” CMOS Sensor
- Horizontal Resolution: 1080 Progressive Scan
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 72dB
- Captured Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Frames per Second (True fps): 60 Progressive
- Output Signal: HDMI and DVI
- Output Format: 12 bit RGB36
- Number of Outputs: 2 (HDMI and DVI concurrently)
- Integrated Freeze-Frame: Push-button minus 15 frames plus 2
- Color Adjustments: Auto color balance (AWB)
- ACC: Full iris control
- Lighting: 8 7200K LED’s with variable intensity
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C – 42°C
- Operating Humidity: Less than 90%
- Power Consumption: 12W
- Voltage Range: 110/220VAC 10%, 50/60 Hz @ 5 volts ECI60601 medical grade
- Lens: F2.8 5 part glass 12mm
Easy to hold and to use
The TotalExam HD Camera is ergonomically designed with the comfort of the user in mind. Its sleek, modern look and small size — slightly larger than a dry-erase marker — make it the perfect tool for medical professionals.
- All function buttons are located on the top of the camera shaft requiring only small finger movements to make image adjustments and to freeze the video.
- Collecting the best freeze frame has become easier because of the camera’s count back frame analysis, which samples 17 frames, selecting the clearest image.
- In addition to easy-access controls, the camera is so lightweight it can be operated with one hand.
- Integrated auto-focus takes the guesswork out of capturing the clearest images and, when desired, can be turned off.
Dual HD Outputs
The TotalExam HD has two independent HD outputs. Each output can be set to 1080p, running at 30 or 60 Hz, or at 720p, at 30 or 60 Hz. The dual outputs provide the user with the flexibility to view the crystal clear images at the same time on different monitors in different formats.
- The two camera outputs can be connected to both a video hardware codec that can supports 720p-30 and to a professional video capture card running 1080p-60.
- The progressive 12-bit per pixel HD images can display billions of colors onscreen at six times the resolution of 8-bit interlaced Standard Definition images.
- GlobalMed’s CapSure 2.0 software can then be used to draw, annotate, date stamp and save gathered HD images for later review and/or consult.