4 Best Practices for Building Your Meeting Room of the Future: ow.ly/RamK7
GlobalMed Video Ophthalmoscope
GlobalMed is a privately held telemedicine company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and is the leader of telemedicine companies in telehealth hardware and software R&D, design, engineering, manufacture and support. Their team of telemedicine software developers and engineers work closely with scientific and medical professionals—from concept to application—to understand and translate unmet needs into next-generation integrated telemedicine tools that are unsurpassed in quality, affordability and flexibility. GlobalMed’s award-winning patented new medical technologies and unique intellectual properties culminate in solutions that exceed even the most challenging requirements for clarity, accuracy, accessibility, convenience and cost-effectiveness, and that create an ecosystem of connected health.
Video Ophthalmoscope | Digital Opthalmoscope
The revolutionary GlobalMed Video Ophthalmoscope provides easy entry into the eye. The wider field of view allows a practitioner to more easily observe conditions such as hypertension, diabetic retinopathy and papilledema.
- By converging illumination to a point at the cornea, the video ophthalmoscope allows easy entry into even the smallest pupils. It then enables the illumination pathway to diverge to the retina, creating a very wide illuminated are of the fundus.
- The unique viewing system allows the practitioner to see the illuminated area on virtually the same axis, creating the widest field of view attainable in undilated ophthalmoscopy. The clinician is actually viewing the fundus through the mirror that directs the illumination into the eye, maximizing the alignment of the viewing axis with the illuminated area.
- In addition to obtaining superior view of the fundus, the video ophthalmoscope also provides enhanced magnification — 26% more than standard scopes, making it easier to see retinal details.
Video Ophthalmoscope Features
- Full optic view provided through the cornea to the back of the eye.
- Clear images.
- Fast, easy entry into undilated pupils.
- 25° field of view vs. standard 5° field of view.
- Greater working distance improves comfort for the patient and practitioner.
- Prevents interference from unwanted glare and reflections.
- Halogen lamp for bright, white light.