IVCi and GlobalMed hosted a webinar on reducing the cost of hospital readmissions. Check out the recording! ow.ly/K21tS
Polycom DMA 7000
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom’s integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom Distributed Media Application
Centrally manage and deploy visual communications across your entire organization — desktop to conference room.
The Polycom DMA 7000 is a network-based application for managing and distributing multipoint calls within a highly reliable and scalable architecture. By maximizing resource utilization and lowering administrative costs, the DMA 7000 is an ideal solution for networks supporting on-demand bridge personal meeting rooms and desktop video applications.
- Increased reliability and improved user experiences.
With no single point of failure, Polycom DMA 7000 leverages ACTA-based Polycom RMX media servers and hot standby application servers to ensure uptime by routing around outages and failures.
- Investment protection.
Scaling up to 1,200 mixed audio and video ports, Polycom DMA maximizes conference resources with load balancing and distribution of calls to multiple media servers.
- Lower operations and administration costs.
Polycom DMA 7000 utilizes a centralized LDAP database for simplifying and streamlining account management, logging and monitoring.
Make Great Things Happen with Polycom DMA 7000 Distributed Media Application
In today’s Internet driven world, the ability to conduct real time communication and collaboration has become critical to an organization’s survival. As the market leader in visual communication and audio conferencing solutions, our award-winning conference technology makes it easy for people to interact and maximize productivity — over any network, in just about any environment, anywhere around the globe. That’s why more organizations worldwide use and prefer Polycom conferencing solutions. Because when people work together, great things happen. See how you too, can achieve great things with Polycom DMA 7000 distributed media.
Polycom DMA 7000 Highlights
- Large System Scale: The Polycom DMA 7000 distributes and load balances calls to multiple RMX 2000 media servers via simple rack-and-stack expandability.
- High Resiliency: Single points of failure are eliminated, from redundant hot-swappable media server components to redundant application servers and databases.
- Simplified Administration: User accounts and personal meeting rooms are provisioned from a central Polycom DMA 7000 server, including conference call templates and group policies.
- Increased Resource Utilization: Calls are managed and routed to media servers via advanced routing algorithms, maximizing resource utilization and dynamically distributing calls to the optimal media server.
- Higher Success Rates: Media server resources are centrally managed and proactively identified as oversubscribed or unavailable. Calls are automatically routed to an available media server without disrupting conference call progression.
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom’s integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. In 2005 IVCi became a Polycom Certified Service Partner (CSP), the highest level of certification a channel partner can receive from Polycom, which requires consistent compliance with a comprehensive set of methodologies designed to guarantee complete customer satisfaction. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom DMA 7000 Features and Benefits
- Dual hot standby application servers used in conjunction with fault tolerant Polycom RMX media servers to route around outages and failures, ensuring high service levels.
- Round Robin and Least Used algorithms to load balance and distribute the multipoint calls onto the media servers, ensuring the ports are used to the maximum.
- Scalability up to 1200 ports by adding up to 10 RMX Media Servers.
- Centralized Administration provides easier management of user video accounts using LDAP, call logging and system monitoring.
Centralized application for efficiently managing and distributing multipoint conferences throughout the network
The Polycom DMA 7000 delivers highly reliable conferencing experiences that optimize user adoption, simplify management, and accelerate organizational ROI. Designed to meet best practice requirements for quality, reliability, resiliency, and scale, the DMA 7000 optimizes application and media server resources to create a solution for delivering highly flexible, easily-managed collaboration applications.
Designed on dual application servers, databases and distributed port utilization, the DMA 7000 utilizes advanced routing policies to distribute audio and video calls to multiple media servers and automatically circumvent bridge issues, network outages and downtime typical of traditional upgrade or maintenance exercises.
Through centralized administration and provisioning, the Polycom DMA 7000 also manages port allocation and usage across multiple media servers as a single seamless resource pool. The DMA 7000’s rack and stack approach enables resources such as new media servers to be added, changed, or removed on the fly, without impacting the end user experience.
Unmatched Reliability The Polycom DMA 7000 is underpinned by the Polycom Proxias application server and RMX media servers, both of which deliver the scalability and reliability required to meet the most complex audio and video conferencing requirements. Redundant system elements range from hot-swappable ACTA components in the media servers to dual application servers for routing, call control and databases. The result is no single point of failure or downtime for modifications, adds, and upgrades
Optimized Resource Utilization
Intelligent algorithms enable the Polycom DMA 7000 to dynamically route media server ports to the most efficient server and allocate the correct resources in real time. By eliminating wasted resources for no-show conferences and load balancing to maximize utilization from every port, the DMA 7000 ensures core elements of the conferencing infrastructure operate at optimal efficiency and provide uninterrupted service to end users.
Operational Efficiency The Polycom DMA 7000 centralizes administration, call logging and port utilization monitoring. Conferences and user accounts are automatically assigned using the enterprise LDAP database without a requirement for provisioning against individual bridges, enabling simplified management and data centralization.