Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom’s integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Managed, monitored, and under control
A key component of the Polycom RealPresence Platform, available as a hardened appliance or software optimized for virtualized environments, the RealPresence Resource Manager application is critical to effectively managing thousands of mobile, desktop, and group telepresence systems.
Administrators can use it to centrally provision, monitor and manage the entire video collaboration network. Through dynamic provisioning, it automatically configures and maintains thousands of video clients at pre-determined software baselines. This eliminates having a variety of software releases in the field, fixing end-user configuration mismatches, being uncertain about the quality of video being provided, and other typical management issues.
Built-in reports, application dashboards, and drill-down tabs ensure you can instantly access troubleshooting and operational metrics are readily available.
- Scalability to 50,000 devices, helping you effectively manage mobile, desktop and group telepresence systems
- Easy administration through comprehensive device monitoring, provisioning, management and software revision control
- Directories and presence engines that simplify dialing
- An API suite, for direct integrations into your key applications and systems
- Multi-tenant support for cloud-based hosting
- Scheduling options via Web GUI or APIs, resulting in a holistic application
RealPresence Resource Manager is dependent on an external video call control (gatekeeper/SIPRegistrar) for scale which is achieved via tight integration with Polycom RealPresence Distributed Media Application (DMA). This provides highly reliable scheduled conferences, a unified dial plan, and a variety of options for leading UC environments.
Customers and partners who want to better understand the API suite, or get started, can refer to the Polycom Developers Program. For assistance in using the API suite to develop applications for your specific business needs, visit the API Software Integration service page for consulting options.
Features and Benefits
- CloudAXIS Support: Key components of the RealPresence Platform and CloudAXIS extend enterprise-grade video collaboration to any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C) and connect users from Skype, Facebook, Google Talk and other presence-based applications into a secure Polycom videoconference via a simple web browser
- Cloud / Service Provider Multi-tenant: Host numerous customers or departments on a single platform, for operational efficiency and lower TCO
- Simplified administration and provisioning: Dynamically provision mobile, personal, and group systems with feature sets, call quality, bandwidth rights and software updates – minimizing administration work and user setup
- Centralized device management: Single application to monitor and manage all endpoints in the network, immediate real time views of the status and health of the video network
- Conference scheduling and management application: Use either the web scheduler or API to schedule and launch video calls. Central application to manage ongoing conferences, point to point or multi-party
- API Suite: Combine with RealPresence DMA APIs for a complete video conferencing management API solution
Superior Architecture with scale up to 50,000 devices with a Linux operating system preferred by service providers and large enterprise. High availability with redundant hot standby server minimizes outage time. Integration with RealPresence DMA for scale and new services such as mobility, anytime conferencing and scheduling.Automate and centralize your video network management, eliminating time consuming and error-prone manual monitoring and management procedures
- Simplify the customer experience using dynamic provisioning, directories and contact list dialing with presence information
- Integrate video collaboration into your environment with the API suite and custom applications
- Realize quicker ROI with multi-tenant capabilities that securely and discretely serve multiple customers from single application instance
- Run an always available video service using the RealPresence Platform architecture of clustered hot-standby servers and separated functions of call control, device management and bridging resources
- Prepare for the BYOD policy as the application scales from 100 to 50,000 video devices using dynamic provisioning and configuration