Polycom Video Conferencing Management Applications
Polycom CMA 5000/4000
Polycom DMA 7000
Scheduling, monitoring, and managing Polycom MGC™ conferences
Now you can control all aspects of setting up and running conferences on Polycom MGC products.
Polycom WebCommander improves productivity by making multipoint conferencing easy for everyone in your organization. Through a Web browser, users access Polycom WebCommander to quickly create and initiate conferences. Whether a meeting is starting immediately or in the future, Polycom WebCommander automatically selects the necessary resources. In addition, Microsoft® Outlook® can be used to create appointment details and send email notifications to participants.
By connecting to the MGC, screen updates are made in real time, including changing screen layouts, adjusting audio volume, connecting new participants, and more. The environment can be customized with graphics, languages, logos, and color schemes. To maintain system security, registered users need a login and password to access Polycom WebCommander.
Polycom WebCommander Benefits
Ready whenever you are — Start an on-demand meeting immediately or schedule a future conference
You're in control — Manage an active meeting or view upcoming schedules through a single login window
Full conference support — Schedule and manage any type of conference — Voice, Video or Unified
Increase productivity — Save regular meetings as templates. Save time by launching conferences, simply select the required template
Utilize powerful administrator tools — Multiple MCU support and monitoring screen for Polycom WebOffice™
Security — Encrypted login and password, administrators set specific profile authorization rights and SQL authentication support
The various WebCommander packages provide users with the precise capabilities they need for controlling multiple MCUs and gateways across diverse networks. The administrator has full control of assigning specific rights and privileges to different user groups within an enterprise. Access to users is specified by the parameters in the user defined profile.
WebCommander Professional combines Meeting Director and Meeting Scheduler, allowing full conference management and scheduling capabilities. Access to individual functions is based on the user's defined profile.
WebCommander Meeting Director
Meeting Director provides users with the means to monitor and manage their own conferences. Conference management functions and the depth of information displayed are based on the authorization rights assigned to a user's profile.
- View conference and participant connection status
- Adjust audio volume of participants
- Initiate/terminate conference
- Connect/disconnect participants
- Add participants to conference
- Change video layouts
- Mute participant voice and video
- Extend conference duration
- Lock conference
WebCommander Meeting Scheduler
Meeting Scheduler provides access to scheduling conferences in addition to creating and modifying conference databases.
- Schedule conferences
- Send email notifications to participants
- Email administrators when conferences are scheduled
- Create and manage database of predefined conference templates
- Create and manage database of predefined participants
- Auto email notification on schedule changes
MGC Personal Scheduler (included with Meeting Scheduler)
The MGC Personal Scheduler package enables full video and voice conference scheduling support for Microsoft® Outlook®. MGC Personal Scheduler is a plug-in application. Users may schedule conferences using Outlook's drag & drop scheduling features.
- New Appointment
- Select multiple MCUs
- Select number of participants
- Modify appointment parameters
- Select WebOffice to combine Web collaboration address
With all the packages you receive:
- WebCommander Profile Manager
- Profile Manager is a utility that allows a system administrator to set user profiles in WebCommander.
- WebCommander Gateway Monitor
- Gateway Monitor is a utility that allows a system administrator to monitor gateway sessions in WebCommander.
- ISDN video, IP (H.323 & SIP) video, ISDN/IP video, PSTN voice, VoIP, PSTN/VoIP and video/voice conferences, point-to-point and multipoint
Simultaneous MCU Support
- Automatic hunting for MCU with sufficient resources
Number of Browser Connections
- Supported with version 1.3 and higher
*Note: Polycom WebCommander and Polycom WebOffice can reside on the same server, although it is not recommended.
Client Internet Web Browser
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 4.0 and higher
- Netscape® Navigator version 4.7
- Server Operating System
- Microsoft IIS, Windows® 2000 Server, service pack 3
- Intel® Pentium® III 700 MHz -512 MB RAM — 20GB Disk Space
- 10/100 MB IP connection between MGC and Web Server
- English, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Norwegian, Russian
Conference and participant databases
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL 7.0 or higher
- Existing MGC conference templates can be converted to Access and SQL with MGC Manager version 2.2 and higher
The Polycom WebCommander is one of a countless list of solutions that can enable you to build a fully comprehensive voice, video and data conferencing experience.
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom's integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. In 2005 IVCi became a Polycom Certified Service Partner (CSP), the highest level of certification a channel partner can receive from Polycom, which requires consistent compliance with a comprehensive set of methodologies designed to guarantee complete customer satisfaction. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom WebCommander Data Sheet
Polycom WebCommander FAQ
For video conferencing solution pricing or additional information regarding Polycom WebCommander, please call us at 1-800-224-7083, or click here to have an IVCi Representative contact you.