Polycom Mobile Responder FAQ
What is the Polycom Mobile Responder?
The Polycom Mobile Responder is a
portable, durable, high quality video
conferencing system that is designed for
diverse applications requiring mobility and
quick setup. This solution is based on the
Polycom VSX 8000 and includes many of
the standard features of the VSX product
line, including embedded software
security, flexibility of network interfaces
and the opportunity to add peripherals for
What is included with the Polycom Mobile Responder?
- Polycom VSX 8000 based video system
- Built-in 17” wide-screen (16:9) XGA resolution display
- High-resolution, built-in color camera
- Integrated speaker and microphone
- All built into a durable carrying case with pull-up handle and wheels
Can this system be carried onto a commercial airline?
Yes. The Mobile Responder fits all of the
FAA guidelines for carry-on baggage for
commercial airlines. The dimensions and
weight are such that the carrying case can
be stowed either in the overhead
compartment or under the seat in front of
What is the size and weight of the system?
Dimensions: (W/H/D): 14/22/9 inches; 355.6/558.8/228.6 mm
Weight: 39 lbs; 17.69 kg
Can the unit sustain inclement weather?
Yes. The carrying case for the Mobile
Responder is made from ultra highstrength
polypropylene injection molded,
designed to resist sand and water.
Is it possible to support external audio output and input devices on the system?
Yes. There is a ¼” phono jack that
supports line-level output and a ¼”
phono jack that supports microphone
level input. For example, a user can
connect an audio head set, auxiliary
speakers or any customer supplied
device that supports microphone and
line-level audio for greater flexibility.
Does the product support Polycom StereoSurround?
Yes, with the installation of customer
supplied auxiliary left and right speakers.
What type of network connectivity is available with this system?
The unit ships standard with an IP
connection, but optional communications
interfaces such as QBRI/PRI or V.35 can
be easily added in the field.
How do I connect external peripheral devices to the Mobile Responder system?
There is a patch-panel located inside the
unit that provides connection points for
external audio and video devices.
Does the system ship with a remote control?
Yes. The Mobile Responder ships with
the advanced hand-held VSX remote
control and, when not in use, can easily
be stored in a compartment built-in to the
bottom of the unit.
What options are available to extend functionality?
- 6-way multi-point software license to enable multiple participants to join on a single call
- Choice of network modules to facilitate any environment (QBRI/PRI/V.35)
- People+Content IP software license to enable participants to show laptop documents, real-time, on a video call
- Connect up to three external VSX microphone arrays for wideband Siren 14 audio
- Polycom PowerCam Plus and PowerCam cameras for extended field of view and PTZ capabilities
- Additional hand-held remote controls in (13) different languages to match the chosen interface language
Can I use the Mobile Responder as a “group or room” system?
Yes. The integrated patch-panel provides
multiple input and output connectors.
- VGA connector to support an XGA display such as a projector or large monitor
- Connectivity for a Polycom PowerCam or PowerCam Plus pan/tilt/zoom camera for a broader video field-of-view
- Conference Link port for VSX digital microphone array for Siren 14 wideband audio pickup
- Auxiliary line level output and microphone level input for use with external speakers and microphones
In what countries or regions will this product be available?
The product will be available for purchase
in Q1 2006 in North America, EMEA and
certain countries in Asia. Please contact
your local Polycom sales representative
for more details.
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom's integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. In 2005 IVCi became a Polycom Certified Service Partner (CSP), the highest level of certification a channel partner can receive from Polycom, which requires consistent compliance with a comprehensive set of methodologies designed to guarantee complete customer satisfaction. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom Mobile Responder Data Sheet
Click here for Polycom Mobile Responder Features and Benefits
Click here for Polycom Mobile Responder FAQ
Polycom Mobile Responder Quick Setup Guide
For video conferencing solution pricing or additional information regarding Polycom Mobile Responder, please call us at 1-800-224-7083, or click here to have an IVCi Representative contact you.