Polycom VSX 8000
This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Please call 1-800-224-7083 for additional information.
Polycom VSX 8000 series—the most powerful video conferencing systems
The Polycom VSX 8000 series is designed based on integrator requirements with unique features including professional video connectors and Phoenix audio connectors with balanced line-level input, and industry-first integration options with Polycom Vortex installed-room voice systems, Polycom SoundStation VTX 1000 wideband conference phones, and leading conference room control systems such as Crestron and AMX controllers.
“The VSX 8000 sets a new standard as the most powerful, feature-rich system for the needs of systems integrators,” said Ed Ellett, senior vice president and general manager of video communications at Polycom. “We listened to customers and delivered a system that is receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from those who have tested it. The VSX 8000 also delivers unprecedented investment protection. It is designed with ample horsepower, which combined with the underlying Polycom VSX architecture enables us to continue to deliver unrivaled performance, integration and convergence with solutions from Polycom and our leading technology partners.”
Polycom VSX 8000 system capabilities include:
- Highest audio quality available - Patent-pending 14 KHz Polycom StereoSurround technology for wideband stereo sound that delivers greater intelligibility and multi-dimensional sound for the most natural conference experience.
- Highest video quality available - ProMotion 60 fps full-motion video, H.264 video for higher quality over lower bandwidths.
- High-resolution data collaboration - H.239 People+Content enables users to send and receive high-resolution content during a video call. Users have a choice to directly connect a laptop to the VSX 8000 or connect through a tabletop ImageShare device.
- Multipoint features - Supports up to 20 video and audio participants in a call with the proper configuration. Interoperable with Polycom MGC and other standards-based conference bridges for broader multipoint scalability.
- Multi-network capabilities - Support for IP and ISDN networks with a unique internal network bay that supports Quad BRI, PRI and Serial (V.35/RS-449/RS-530) network interface modules.
- SIP support - The Polycom VSX 8000 currently supports SIP interoperability with Microsoft Live Communication Server and Nortel Networks Multimedia Communication Server (MCS) 5100 and 5200 products.
- Professional-grade connectors - System includes professional connectors (i.e. Phoenix) for audio, video, Vortex, microphones and IR terminal block connections; as well as XGA input and output to drive flat-panel displays, second monitors and high-resolution content; and voice add-in capabilities through POTS or ISDN connections..
- Industry-first voice and video integration - Polycom VSX 8000 series systems are available with bundle options for instant integration with Polycom Vortex installed-room voice systems, or Polycom SoundStation VTX 1000 wideband conference phones, which enables users to dial video calls from the phone or add voice participants.
- Off-the-shelf controller integration - The system features two serial data ports for AMX or Crestron control panels, Vortex voice products integration, auxiliary camera control or as a communication port for serial data (i.e. medical devices).
- Investment protection - The Polycom VSX 8000 series is equipped with added processing power to support future functionality and system expansion to ensure continued leading-edge performance.
Three configurations are available:
- Polycom VSX 8800 - Polycom’s most powerful videoconferencing system includes video codec and remote, H.239 People+Content with ImageShare, PowerCam Plus camera and a high-fidelity speaker kit and two VSX microphones for optimal quality audio with Polycom StereoSurround.
- Polycom VSX 8400 - A powerful videoconferencing system with numerous rear panel connectors includes video codec and remote, H.239 People+Content with ImageShare, PowerCam camera and VSX microphones.
- Polycom VSX 8000 - A video codec designed for integrators—includes a handheld remote control.
IVCi is a Certified Polycom Platinum Reseller and Telepresence Certified Plus Partner. We are one of only a handful of resellers nationwide recognized with these distinctions for our superior service and support of Polycom's integrated, end-to-end voice, video conferencing, telepresence, Web and data communications solutions. In 2005 IVCi became a Polycom Certified Service Partner (CSP), the highest level of certification a channel partner can receive from Polycom, which requires consistent compliance with a comprehensive set of methodologies designed to guarantee complete customer satisfaction. Our factory-trained sales and technical staff install and support Polycom projects across the country and around the world. As with the other video conferencing products we represent, IVCi provides clients with one point of contact for sales, service, management and support of the entire Polycom product line.
Polycom VSX 8000 Data Sheet
Polycom VSX 8400 Data Sheet
Polycom VSX 8800 Data Sheet
Polycom VSX Accessory Guide
Click here for Polycom VSX Getting Started Guide
For video conferencing solution pricing or additional information regarding Polycom VSX 8000, please call us at 1-800-224-7083, or click here to have an IVCi Representative contact you.